Friday, November 1, 2013

/pər'spektiv/

noun.
1. a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.
Everyone needs a new perspective sometimes right?  We all need that breath of fresh air, that detail that was previously let out to make things clearer and just a different view of something.

There was a day a few weeks back that I was really stressed out about some different things in life.  I was thinking how its not fair that I have to walk through these trials and that someone else that can deal with it better should be the one to suffer instead.  Basically wallowing in self pity like satan wants us to do, in fact I'm pretty sure he thrives off our pity party, he brings the chips and dip, the drinks, and the cookies to help make it last longer.

I asked a patient how their day was and his tone of voice and the color in his face told me it really wasn't that great. He said he was tired of doctors visits and just wished everything would get better. Hes been on a heart transplant list for the last year and hes hoping that his heart holds out for the right match before it stops working. Talk about perspective, this man is holding onto every day hoping that he makes it another day, hoping that someone will call him saying he has a match.  I know we could all die any day but to think that I was worried about some minuet problems in my life when there are others out there hoping they can get a new heart really put my problems into perspective.  

No comments:

Post a Comment